Book Editing Services
- Professional manuscript editing for character development, narrative and plot structure, pacing, point of view, tone of voice, grammar, and more.
- Each book editing service comes directly from an editing professional with inline comments on the manuscript as well as a detailed report to get a big picture idea of the main critique points, summarizing the feedback, and going into further detail to help guide as you work through the edits.
I don't know about this...
Handing your precious manuscript over to a stranger to critique is like tearing out your heart and serving it up with a knife on a platter, right?
As a self-published author myself, I know that feeling so well. I also know that once you take that plunge to share your work, the feedback that you get from copy editing services should not bring you down, but help your writing grow and will allow you to further develop your writing technique. We are all learning. None of us are perfect.
If you have hit that wall where you just cannot keep making changes until you get some affordable book editing (been there!) then this is 100% for you.
Your Manuscript Editor
Wendy is a self-published author of three young adult historical fiction novels. She graduated with distinction from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln with a degree in English literature with an emphasis on creative writing and a minor in history.
Editing and publishing can be difficult and overwhelming tasks to undertake, especially when trying to do it alone. Together, we can make the process so much enjoyable and efficient.
Editing Services for Writers
Correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc
Light suggestions for perfecting prose
In-line edits and report summarizing feedback and providing suggestions on what to look for as you continue editing
Analysis of character development, plot structure, pacing, point of view, tone, and more
Critique of full, half, or partial manuscript
In-line edits and full report summarizing feedback and providing suggestions on what to look for as you continue editing
Combo of copyedits and manuscript critique
Detailed grammatical edits and analysis of plot and structure
Full report summarizing feedback and providing suggestions on what to look for as you continue editing
How do manuscript editing services work?
- Fill out the form indicating which service you are interested in and your projected word count.
- I will get back to you with a proposal on price and time frame.
- If you agree to the proposal, a 50% deposit will be requested along with a digital copy of your manuscript.
- Once received, I will get to work and will return your manuscript with comments and detailed report within the time frame designated in the proposal.